Well, I was supposed to start work and school up yesterday, but due to the weather, work didn’t happen. That gave me the entire day for school. I thought I would have the whole weeks’ worth of work done by the end of the day – then I dove into the reading. Check out the reading list just for this week!
- The US Constitution
- Civil Defense and Homeland Security: A Short History of National Preparedness Efforts
- HSPD-5 National Incident Management
- HSPD-7 National Infrastructure Protection
- HSPD-8 National Preparedness
- HSPD-20 Continuity of Operations
- History of Counties
- A Brief Overview of County Government
- The Stafford Act (Titles I,II, and IV)
- Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act of 2006
- The Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA): A Summary
- Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 (Title I)
- FY 2010 DHS Budget Summary
And don’t forget: Richard Sylves, Politics and Policy-Emergency and Homeland Security (Chapters 1 and 2)
Now, for a week, that isn’t too bad. But I have two assignments to write by 9pm tomorrow which I need to finish all the readings before I can start on. I literally read for 8 hours yesterday and barely got through much of this! Add on to all of that we are gearing up for an outage at work, which extends my work days (potentially) until 10pm. Tack on the weather which extends my drive to a couple hours, and my work days could go from 4am until midnight! This is going to be a tough week at least, and maybe a tough quarter!
Also… all you armchair lawyers and Facebook constitutional experts… feel free to follow along with that reading list at home!!